1. How are stationary waves formed?
2. If you are moving on the moon surface, can you hear the cracking sound behind you? Explain.
3. Do sound waves undergo reflection, refraction and polarization phenomena? Explain.
4. Which type of wave propagates in liquid, explain.
5. Longitudinal waves cannot be polarized. Why?
6. Distinguish between light waves and sound waves.
1. Use the principle of superposition of two waves to find the position of displacement of nodes and antinodes in standing waves?
2. State and explain the stationary waves?
3. Define progressive wave. Derive progressive wave equation.
4. What do you mean by progressive wave equation? Derive progressive wave equation in terms of its wave vector and displacement.
5. What the principle of superposition is as applied to wave motion? Discuss, the result of superposing two waves of equal amplitude and same frequency travelling in opposite direction.