Qualities of good filing system
- Simple: It should be easy and simple to be understood by the entire employees.
- Economy: Filing should be cheap and must come under the budget of the organization. The installation and operation cost should be low.
- Compactness: It should be compact and should not take unnecessary space
- Accessibility: Files and folders must be preserved for future and must be easily accessible.
- Suitable: It should be suitable for any kind o organization. It should meet the requirement of business
- Flexible: It should be flexible enough. It must be dynamic and changeable according to the needs of an organization
- Safety: A good filing system must preserve all the necessary documents from insects, dust, fire, water and so on
- Indexing: A good filing system must have proper indexing
- Classification: The files should be classified in a proper way so that it helps in easy location.
Have a question? Ask us in our discussion forum.