HSEB Format of of Question Paper and Sample Questions
Subject : Elements of Marketing
Class : 12
F.M. = 80
P.M. = 32
Group – A
Brief Answer Questions (10x 1 = 10)
Attempt ALL the questions:
1. Identify any two important contributions of marketing to the marketer.
2. Point out the major components of marketing mix.
3. Identify any three characteristics of Nepalese market.
5. What is marketing environment?
6. Point out any four reasons for branding a product by the market.
7. What is the difference between quantity discount and trade discount?
8. Point out any two functions of a retailer and any two functions of a wholesaler.
9. What is sales promotion? Point out any three types of consumer promotion technique.
10. Identify any two advantages of televised marketing and two demerits of telemarketing.
Short Answer Questions (5×8=40)
Attempt any FIVE question:
11. Explain briefly the evolution of marketing.(8)
12. What is buying motive? Explain on any two types of buying motive.(3+5)
13. What is water transport? Why is it important to a landlocked country like Nepal? Explain briefly.(3+5)
14. Differentiate consumer products from industrial products.(4+4)
15. Explain the channels of distribution for consumer goods.(4+4)
16. What is display advertising? What are its benefits to the marketers? Explain briefly.(3+5)
Comprehensive Answer Questions (2×15=30)
Attempt any TWO questions
17. Identify the various concepts of marketing with short introduction and differentiate the modern marketing concept from societal marketing concept.(6+9)
18. What is labeling? Explain its types and functions. Also justify its importance to the consumers. (3+6+6)
19. What is personal selling? Identify the various types of salesperson. Also explain any four essential qualities of a good salesperson. (3+ 6+6)
Question Pattern :
Question pattern has been designed with a view to test various capabilities of the students. Questions have been designed to make wide coverage of the curriculum. Therefore, three types of question pattern have been managed in the question paper as follow:
- Brief Answer Questions- These questions requires no description, which can be answered in not more than two minutes; the students will give direct answer to the question. This type of question is asked to evaluate the conceptual or fundamental knowledge of the students about the subject matter.
- Short Answer Questions- These question requires brief description which can be answered in maximum of 15 minutes. This type of question is asked to evaluate the descriptive capacity of the students.
- Comprehensive Answer Questions- These questions require a long description to each question. This type of question is asked to evaluate the comprehensive or analytical knowledge of the students about the subject matter. The students may require about 30 minutes per question to answer.
After the evaluation of the answer sheets of the students containing the abovementioned questions, the teacher will understand level of knowledge of the students about the subject matter and his writing skill. In addition, the students will be able to manage time in the examination room to complete the entire questions within the given time period i.e, three hours. This will also help the concerned teachers in giving necessary instructions to the students.
Have a question? Ask us in our discussion forum.