1. Planning:- planning means the determination what is to be done, how and where is to be done, who is to do it and how the results are to be evaluated. Planning consists of :-
a. Establishing objectives
b. Formulating rules and regulations
c. Developing programs
2. Organizing:- it means identification and grouping the activities to be performed and dividing them among the individuals and creating authority and responsibility relationships among then for the accomplishment of organizational objectives. It consists of :-
a. Determination of objectives and identification of activities necessary to achieve the objectives
b. Delegation of authority and relationship among individuals.
c. Coordination of activities and assignment of duties.
d. Division of activities into different units or departments
3. Staffing:- human resources management is a process consisting of the acquisition, development, motivation and maintenance of human resources. it consists of :-
a. Manpower planning to determine the quality and quantity of employees required for the jobs to b done
b. Recruitment for attracting qualified persons
c. Selection of best candidate
d. Placement of the right man for the right job
e. Training and development to increase new skills, knowledge and competency to do job
f. Motivation of employees
g. Evaluation performance of employees
h. Employees welfare
4. Directing:- direction embraces those activities which are related to guiding and supervising subordinates .it consists of :-
a. Supervising the subordinates
b. Communicating the information
c. Providing effective leadership
d. Motivating employees
5. Controlling:- controlling is the process of monitoring activities to ensure that they are being accomplished as planned and of correcting any significant deviations. It consists of :-
a. Determination of standard performance
b. Measurement of actual performance
c. Compares the actual performance with the standard
d. Analyzes deviations
e. Take corrective actions if necessary.
Have a question? Ask us in our discussion forum.