Importance of coordination
1. Unity of action: – an enterprise has diverse resources; technique, activities etc and they all must be coordinates to bring unity through unity in action.
2. Increase in efficiency and economy: – coordination brings efficiency because it is an effort of all organizational members. It also helps to maintain good relation among all levels of management.
3. Development of personnel: – coordination helps to obtain information about job, qualities of a job holder which helps to analyze about the potentialities of the job holder and improve coordination system
4. Differential perception: – different people have different perception. When all people are coordinated effectively their effort and power are concentrated to achieve organizational goals.
5. Survival of the organization: – coordination helps o harmonize the work resources and physical facilities. When there activities are not harmonized the organization can’t achieve the goal and it can’t survive in the society
6. Accomplishment of objectives: – when the employees , their task and available resources are coordinated, their production will be increased and it helps to accomplish the objectives of the organization
7. Basis of managerial function: – all managerial functions such as planning, organizing, directing, controlling etc can’t be conducted effectively without communication.
8. Specialization: – in the absence of coordination in the organization the activities can’t be moved in specialized areas. Therefore, it helps in specialization