1. Give the electronic configuration of copper (At. no. 29) in terms of s, p, d, f orbitals.
2. What is an orbital? Write the shapes of s and p orbitals.
3. Give the electronic configuration of silver (At. No. 47) in terms of s, p, d, f orbitals.
4. A scientist investing the electron structure of the element concluded that the K, L and M shells were all full and that the N shell contained four electrons. What is the atomic number of that electron?
5. For n=4, write all possible values of l and m.
6. Discuss how Bhors was able to predict the line spectra of a hydrogen atom.
7. Write the electronic configuration of Chromium (At. No. 24) in terms of s.p.d orbitals.
8. An atomic orbital has n=3, what are the possible values of l and m?
9. What are the values for n, l and m for 2Px orbital?
10. An electorn possesses the quantum numbers n=2, l=0 and m=0. What so they mean?
11. Write the atomic number of elements whode outermost electornic configuration are represrnted by (a) 3S1 (b) 3P6.
12. What observation did Rutherford lead to conclude that the nucleus of atom is very small but heavy mass?
13. Why is it that electron does not jump into the nucleus?
14. What is meant by atomic spectrum?
15. Write the Lewis structure of the compound formed by two elements A and B whose atomic numbers are 12 and 17 respectively.
16. What are the values of Principal quantum number (n) and Azimuthal quantum number (l) for the following orbitals: (i) 3S (ii) 4P
17. An atom of an element has 24 electrons, what is the total number of S eletrons?
18. Give the values of all four quantum number of 11th electorn of Magnesium (At. No. = 12).
19. What observations did Rutherford make the following conclusions?
a) The atomic centre is positively charged.
b) Most of the space inside the atom is hollow.
20. Give the values of all four quantum number of outermost electron of sodium atom (Z=11).
21. What is Bhor’s-Bury rule?
Have a question? Ask us in our discussion forum.