Business Studies XI
Travel & Tourism XI
Business Studies XII
Hotel Management XII | HSEB Notes
Major English XI
Mass Communication XI
Major English XII
Old is Gold
Physics-Old is Gold
Chemistry-Old is Gold
Biology-Old is Gold
8. If the sun somehow collapsed to form a black hole, what effect would this event have on the orbit of the earth?
This would have no effect on the orbit of the earth i.e. the earth would continue revolving in its own orbit around the sun. However, things close to the sun would change drastically.
6. “The earth moving round the sun in an orbit is acted upon by a force; hence the work must be done on the earth by this force.” Do you agree with this statement?
3. If the earth is struck by meteorites, the earth will slow down slightly. Why?
4. Why an astronaut in a space capsule orbiting the earth experiences a feeling of weightlessness?
5. How does ‘g’ at a point vary with distance from the centre of the earth? Where is the highest value of ‘g’? Explain.
1. What will happen to the value of ‘g’ if the earth stops rotating?
Share on Facebook
Find us on Facebook
Academic Career Advice
REPORT THIS NOTE