1. According to NLFS, 2008, 73.9% of labour force is engaged in agricultural sector.
2. Agriculture sector is the primary sector of Nepalese economy.
3. About 34% contributions in the GDP by agriculture sector.
4. According to three year plan 2010/13, 69.48% of total irrigable land has irrigable facilities.
5. According to NLFS, 2010/13, 25.16% of Nepalese are below the poverty line.
6. The share of food crops is 49.5% cash crops are 28.1% and other crops 22.3%.
Have a question? Ask us in our discussion forum.