Qualities of good indexing
- Simple: It should be easy and simple to be understood by the entire employees.
- Economy: Indexing should be cheap and must come under the budget of the organization. The installation and operation cost should be low.
- Flexible: It should be flexible enough. It must be dynamic and changeable according to the needs of an organization
- Compactness: It should be compact and should not take unnecessary space
- Safety: A good indexing system must preserve all the necessary documents from insects, dust, fire, water and so on
- Accessibility: Files and folders must be preserved for future and must be easily accessible.