Nature of Tourism
- Ownership of tourism is non transferable = In tourism, buy and sale product doesn’t mean to buy the property as a tangible product. It is an agreement to buy and sell products.
- Tourism is an assembled product = This service can’t be provided by a single enterprise. It is compilation of each service.
- Tourism product doesn’t move = The product of tourism can’t be transported. The customers need to move to the products themselves.
- Tourism products are non-storable = Service-production is typically fixed to time and space. A service ‘dies’ if it is not sold within a given time. It can’t be stored.
- Every citizen part of tourism = The citizens of a country are directly or indirectly involved in tourism by their work, response and behaviors towards tourists.