Factors to be considered for selecting office machines
- Need of machines: before selecting any machine its degree of need is to be checked thoroughly. The alternates available to the machine also should be analyzed
- Cost: cost of machine is a very important factor to be considered before selecting any machine. The machine should be within the budget of an office
- Operating cost: capital cost and operating cost should be taken into account. Similarly, maintenance cost, repair cost, and space required for the machine also should be analyzed
- Durability: office machine should be original, durable and lost lasting. Office machines are very expensive and it is not possible to purchase new machine every year. Therefore, the machine to be purchased must be free from problem of frequent break down. This also saves in repair cost
- Easy to operate and flexible: office machine should be easy to operate and flexible. There shouldn’t be need of any additional training and specialization for handling of office machine. Machine should be usable for numerous purposes too
- Servicing: office machines require regular repair and maintenance,. The spare parts of the machines should be easily available in the market. Likewise the servicing facilities should be readily available.
- Quality and speed: office machine should be of higher quality. It should be speedy in nature,
Factors to be considered for selecting office furniture
- Cost: cost of furniture is a very important factor to be considered before selecting any machine. The furniture should be within the budget of an office
- Design: design of furniture relates with height and width, color, number of drawers, and so on. No matter what, furniture should support the space and must facilitate the works done.
- Durability: office furniture should be made up of steel rather than wood because steel furniture is compatible and lost lasting. Office furniture can be expensive and it is not possible to purchase new furniture every year because it doesn’t even support the space. Therefore, the furniture to be purchased must be free from problem of breakage.
- Multiple uses: furniture should be usable for numerous purposes in the office.
- Uniform: furniture in the office must have uniform quality and cost. They must have lower cost of maintenance.
- Safety: office furniture should be safe. Glass topped and sharp cornered furniture are relatively unsafe.
- Saving space: choice of furniture also depends upon the space occupied by furniture. Such furniture should be selected which would occupy minimum office space. Bulky and space occupying furniture indirectly add office cost.
- Comfort: office furniture should be comfortable. Comfortable furniture will result in increased efficiency of the employees
- Portability: the furniture being portable can be easily shifted from one room to another, one building to another and form one location to another.
Have a question? Ask us in our discussion forum.