Elements/principles/requisites of good coordination
1. Simplified organization: – authority, responsibility, duty and other job description should clearly be described by the organization. Coordination may be simple and easy when all duties and power are clearly simplified,
2. Harmonized programs and policies: – an organization must set the programs and policies. These programs and policies must be harmonized. Harmonized policies helps to make coordination effective
3. Well designed system of communication: – without effective communication coordination and harmonizing activities is not possible. Therefore, communication system must be well designed.
4. Voluntary cooperation:- when all members of the organization are voluntarily cooperated, then only coordination can be successful.
5. Coordination through supervision: -supervisors are most important actor to coordinate the workers and their work. Mainly in all organization supervisors coordinate the resources and activities.
6. Continuity: – it is never ending process. When it is done continuously, the resources are not used effectively and they cannot provide the contribution.
7. Direct contact: – direct contact is necessary in effective coordination. Face to face contact may provide more effectiveness
8. Clearly defined goals: – organizational goals and other departmental goals must be clearly defined otherwise it isn’t easy to coordinate the resources and activities.
9. Effective leadership: – leadership must be effective. It helps o increase the confidence of employees and it develops the morale of workers. In fact effective leadership helps in effective coordination.